After quickly realizing how much I hate writing tons of giant arrays by hand, I took some time out to write an animation editor.
The goal was simple, write a quick tool to write out lamp state buffers into a hard file. These are then loaded at runtime and can be played at any time.
Overall it was pretty straightforward. The perf of this tool is pretty damn awful and it’s very one-off, but it gets the job done. One thing I did notice is that transparent buttons load VERY slowly, which is kind of annoying since I use transparency to indicate the animation has no preference (Used for localization animations)
Importing and running the animations was dead simple with C#’s
DataContractSerializer, it doesn’t even require the target class be the same code as long as the data structures match.